Community Arts Partnership through The Programme for Intercultural Arts Support (PICAS) is delighted to invite you to this interactive collective learning event. This will be the first of a series of conversations, events and processes designed to develop creative processes and intercultural relationships.
Who should attend?
- Are you a community artist/cultural facilitator looking to enhance your practice using an intercultural approach?
- Are you a community artist/cultural facilitator from a minority ethnic background looking for additional areas of support?
- Are you from a community group that is using or would like to use the arts to develop intercultural relations and challenge racism and hate crime?
- Are you an arts organisation currently working with an intercultural approach or with ambitions to do so?
Then this is an event for you!
Date: 28th November 2013
Time: 9.30am – 3.00. pm
Venue: Ulster Hall – Belfast
Lunch and Refreshments
RSVP: Complete attached registration form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org RSVP deadline is Thursday 21st of November 2013.
- Create a space for networking and share ideas.
- Explore the opportunities within the PICAS programme and the Arts Council Intercultural Strategy.
- Conversation on what is intercultural arts practice looking at different approaches
- Reflect on the positives and negatives of using arts to enhance intercultural relationships. How to enhance the plusses and address the minuses?
- Explore the possibility to create a permanent forum for community artists and cultural facilitators working interculturally.