A regional group has been working to identify and support carers from ethnic minority backgrounds. Its membership includes the Public Health Agency, the five Health & Social Care Trusts, Barnardos and the Carers Trust. The key aims of the group have been:
- To promote a co-ordinated approach, to address BME carer health and social wellbeing issues;
- To raise the profile of the issues affecting BME Carers in NI;
- To identify ways of reaching out to BME Carers;
- Develop initiatives to support BME Carers and supply relevant information locally;
- Promote good practice working with BME Carers;
- Encourage agencies working with the minority ethnic population to consider BME Carers;
If you would like further information or to share your experience or ideas of working with BME Carers please contact Margaret McDonald on 95046702. You can also e-mail email@example.com.