The Chinese Welfare Association aims to secure the future of the Chinese community in Northern Ireland within a framework of racial equality and enable all sections of the community to fully participate in both the development of the community and the wider society.
We do this through:
- Enabling and supporting community development and developing the community infrastructure within the Chinese community
- Providing or securing services which meet the health and social needs arising out of the disadvantaged position of the Chinese community
- Enabling children and young people to realise their full potential as active citizens within both the Chinese and wider community
- Developing greater cultural awareness within both the Chinese and wider community and working towards elimination of racism and discrimination
- Securing the resources and facilities needed to achieve the core aims of the organisation
CWA has a wide range of service users including:
- Individuals from the Chinese community
- Self help and single issue groups from the Chinese community
- The Chinese Community Forum
- The Chinese community in Northern Ireland
- Voluntary and statutory organisations
- The wider community in Northern Ireland.
Contact Telephone: 028 90 288277