Student Funding provides advice and guidance on the various Funding mechanisms available to our Students.
We offer the following support:
- Student Funding Advice & Guidance (specific to individual circumstances)
- External Student Funding Advocacy
- External Student Funding Application Assistance
- Social Security Benefit info
To book an appointment email email@example.com
We also administer the following funds:
- *The Learner Support Fund (Hardship) – Opens 16th September 2022
- **Laptop Scheme – Opens 20th September 2022
- Care to Learn Scheme (Childcare for under 20’s) – Open now
- Learner Support Fund Childcare (Childcare for over 20’s) – Opens 16th September 2022
- Family Action (support for Asylum seekers in Further Education) – Opens 16th September 2022
- Higher Education Bursary (automatically apply via the Student Finance NI app process)
Applications forms for all the above will be online, application links will be sent to all student email accounts on each launch day for the respective fund. Alternatively you can begin the application process from the Student Funding Canvas Page when the applications go live as detailed above.
*In Order to apply to the Learner Support Fund, you must have first exhausted all other available sources of funding you are eligible for. Please ensure you have done this; you will be asked for evidence of your entitlement or why you are not entitled to other funds that are available, this could delay your application.
**The Laptop Scheme provides refurbished Laptops to students who have currently no access or means to obtain a laptop to aid in their studies. The scheme will launch on 20th September 2022. To ensure equal opportunity all students will receive an email to their student email accounts on Launch Day with the application link included. The application will go live at a specific time in the afternoon (Specific time will be detailed in the launch email). Applications will be processed, and Laptops allocated on a first come first serve basis from applications received, any students that do not receive a laptop due to limited stock, will be added to a waiting list and contacted if additional Laptops become available.