Princes Trust programmes
Please see the flyers on our programmes “Explore” and “Explore +”
Next programme starts 4th December, induction next Wednesday 29th
If you know ANY young people who might be interested in a six week programme doing some fun stuff to get them ready for their next steps, please let us know, we’d love to just have a chat with them!
This could be YP who are planning to join an employability programme in the coming months and would like something to do in the meantime!
To remind you, Explore + includes:
- Completing up to six Level Two qualifications in Personal Development & Employability including First Aid
- Exciting activities to develop teamwork skills, such as rock climbing or caving at Belfast Activity Centre
- A workplace visit and community engagement day
- Building a CV, learning how to apply for jobs and fine-tuning their interview skills
- Work on emotional resilience, confidence and self-care skills with our Wellbeing Specialist
- Goal setting & discovering what next steps may be possible
- Exploring sector-specific skills based on each young person’s interests
REMEMBER – we provide travel and lunch costs for all of our programmes
Any questions or referrals, contact: Carla Montgomery | Youth Development Lead – The Prince’s Trust | Unit 8 – Weavers Court, Belfast, BT12 5GH | ☏ 07887 724 098
The leaflet below explains about the Toybox programme. Leaflets are also available in Romanian and Bulgarian for anyone who may have a Roma family who speaks either language. See attached leaflet for contact details and how to make a referral.
New AWARE Mood Matters Parent and Baby Programme 16.1.24
AWARE have a new open Mood Matters Parent and Baby programme being delivered via Zoom on 16th January. See attached flyer for further information.
This programme is free and open to parents across NI. Parents can sign up through the AWARE website by self-referral.
Please share this information with families and colleagues who it may be relevant to.
NICHS Vaping Session- online link
See below link to an online vaping session held last week by NI Chest Heart & Stroke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC9G9mvf6lY
There is also useful information and resources on vaping on their website: NICHS | Northern Ireland Chest Heart & Stroke
Vaping- The Facts Information Session
Wednesday 13th December 2023- Belfast & Wednesday 17th January 2024- Cookstown
Please find attached a Vaping Information Sessions flyer. If you are interested in attending please contact Yvonne O’Reilly to reserve a place. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Yvonne O’Reilly, Cancer Focus Northern Ireland, email@example.com, T: 028 9068 0778, Mobile: 0789 002 8195