Full day conference in Law Society House. Speakers include
- the Honourable Mr Justice McCloskey,
- Professor Colin Harvey
- Bernadette McAliskey.
- This will attract 4 CPD general group study hours.
- £40 minimum entry with proceeds to Flourish NI.
Sessions will be held on the following topics:
- Legal challenges faced by asylum seekers in UK and access to justice
- Small Worlds – a session with refugees telling their stories
- Syrian Voluntary Resettlement Programme and successes within the Northern Ireland model
- Protecting the rights of migrants and refugees in Northern Ireland and the role of the community sector
- Use of strategic litigation in furthering rights
- Discussion on the future of human rights within refugee law