The Law Centre has been funded by DfC to produce an online guide that will help advisers provide welfare rights advice to people from abroad. We hope that the guide will help advisers quickly identify what entitlement categories of migrants have e.g.
– What benefits can a Slovakian worker receive?
– Can a French jobseeker receive Housing Benefit?
– Is a Brazilian man on a fiancé visa eligible to receive free healthcare in NI?
– Does a Syrian refugee at university pay home fees or international fees?
– How can migrant workers prepare for Brexit?
The Law Centre is offering free sessions for advisers:
2pm on Friday 18th May – Law Centre (10-12 High Street, Belfast, BT1 2BA)
10 am Monday 21st May – Law Centre (10-12 High Street, Belfast, BT1 2BA)
2pm on Tuesday 29th May – UNISON building in Derry (The Old Church, Clarendon Street, Derry, BT48 7ES)
The purpose of the sessions is to familiarise generalist advisers with the guide with the view to build capacity in the sector to respond to queries where immigration status / nationality is a factor. The sessions are designed to be accessible for all advisers and so participants don’t need to worry if they aren’t entirely sure what habitual residence actually means!
If you would like to attend a session, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Tel: 028 9024 4401.
All welcome but please let us know.