BELONG is an early intervention family support programme dedicated to promoting a sense of Belonging amongst BME children (including Travellers) aged between 7 – 12 years within the wider community. The strategy is to realise this overarching outcome through achieving the following set of more specific outcomes:
- Increasing cultural confidence and competence;
- Increasing participation in clubs and schools;
- Increasing educational achievement of Traveller children;
- Reducing bullying and racial-bullying;
- Increasing resilience.
- Cultural Competence & Confidence
- Information, Support & Referral
The Programme and its activities are also designed to:
- Enhance community cohesion and an integrated approach by working across all BME (including Traveller, migrant and Chinese/Asian) communities and service providers;
- Add value by complementing the ongoing work of organisations that provide services to BME children and young people and developing new activities where gaps in existing services are identified;
- Provide leverage and support to existing provision and deliver new services, where needed, in innovative ways;
- Be underpinned by advocacy activities.
Contact Telephone: 028 87741960
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please use this e-mail for publicly hosted contact listings
Community Support Centre
64 Main Street
The project has been completed and does not exist anymore.